10/5/11

Vision Quest


It is amazing how we take our blessings for granted until they disappear. We think we understand when someone else struggles through health issues, but we don’t. Not until we experience it ourselves. Before having cataract surgery, I gained a better understanding of what my mother and others with macular degeneration go through. Losing your vision is not easy. I was very grumpy.

Hooray! I can see again. I can sew again. Drive my car. Read magazines and maps. I give thanks to medical science, as well as to the wonderful doctor and medical staff who made the experience almost pleasant. Apparently, I thought cataract surgery was the removal of a cataract. Did you know that they not only remove it but also replace the lense in the eye with a plastic one that is good for life?

Incredible!

“The question is not what you look at, but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment